The Greensboro Montessori School prides itself in offering a well-rounded, integrated curriculum beginning in the toddler years and continuing through elementary and middle school. Lessons emphasize the interrelationship and interdependence of all things, and are presented in engaging, multi-sensory ways that challenge and inspire our students.
Life today and in the future demands confidence and innovative thinking. It requires a person to be able to work both independently and collaboratively; to anticipate problems and to find solutions, tom manage time and resources, and to see the big picture without ignoring the details. The Greensboro Montessori School nurtures each student to be a creative, eager learner. Students are acknowledged for their efforts and successes, building the confidence and independence that will position them for success on any path they choose.
“I like the fact that you were allowed the freedom to think outside the box.” - Francis Wong, GMS Alumni, Class of 2006, 2010 Morehead-Cain Scholarship Winner, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
“Montessori has been a life changing experience. From Primary all the way until now I’ve loved coming to school almost everyday and I never realized why all of my friends from other schools hated going. This school has been the best experience of my life.” - Allie Allen, GMS Alumni, Class of 2010
We asked GMS parents to share some thoughts about GMS. This is what they said:
- The staff and faculty are extremely welcoming everyday when we come in! They know our child and always take the time to speak to her with love and kindness which warms my hear. GMS Parent
- The daily structure of the classroom and assignments provide my child the opportunity to learn how to manage his time and organize himself. This will be invaluable throughout his life. GMS Parent
- The knowledge by daughter displays in everything from geography and language to math and science is greater than any school I've seen. She has certainly surpassed me when I was her age! GMS Parent
- GMS provides an education that is developmentally appropriate and individually tailored for my child. This has provided my child with confidence in his abilities and thus contributed to a love of learning. GMS Parent
- Fostering the development of knowledge, skills and abilities that will be (and are currently) essential for students and their families in navigating the challenges of adolescence and young adulthood, and well beyond....an excellent foundation from which to embark and explore! GMS Parent
- We've always been so happy with the education, mentorship and friendships Soren received from his time at Greensboro Montessori. He has grown into a wonderful young man." Scott Huette, father of Soren Huette, GMS Class of 2007, Winston Churchill High School in Eugene, Oregon Class of 2011.